Friday, July 30, 2010

I found a large tortoise, I made an umbrella.
















0. Cover

1. I took the kid in my arms

2. The goats all faced about upon the dog

3. The noise of the falling rock awaked me

4. I found a large tortoise, or turtle

5. I gathered a large number of grapes

6. After this I made every kind of earthenware

7. I made an umbrella

8. I dined like a king

9. The roof rose higher up

10. The ship stuck fast, jammed in between two rocks.

11. I plainly discovered a ship lying at anchor

12. He dreamed he bore a heavy load on his back

13. He sat lolling about in a great elbow chair

14. They sent three messengers to us

Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe. Colour plates by A. E. Jackson

1 comment:

Janas said...

Scans from: The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe with 48 colour plates by A. E. Jackson - Ward, Lock & Co.; Limited, London and Melbourne. 1900.